She felt sure the letter had some hidden meaning.
He gave a long account of his troubles, with the implication that he needed financial aid.
3. implication -
言外之意翻译为 implication -。
Implicit in his speech was the assumption that they were guilty.
4. between the lines
言外之意翻译为 between the lines。
示例：Well, sometimes my delegates try to read between the lines.
sometimes my delegates try to read between the lines.
1. illocutionary intent(言外之意)
2. read between lines( 言外之意；读到字里行间；读懂言外之意)
3. subaudition(n. 对言外之意的领会, 领会到的言外之意)
4. undermeaning(n. 隐藏的意义, 言外之意)
5. undermeanings(n. 隐藏的意义；言外之意)
read among the lines ( 字里行间的言外之意 )
read between the lines ( 明白其言外之意 )
read between the lines ( 体会言外之意 )
read between the lines ( 明白言外之意 )
read between the lines ( 领会言外之意 )
implication or implied meaning ( 领悟作者的言外之意 )
Verbal connotation ( 概念或言外之意 )
read between the lines ( 了解言外之意 )
1. i get your implication and resent it.
2. (Applause) ... because that story allows those of us who make it to believe we deserve it, and by implication, those who don't make it don't deserve it.
译文:（掌声） ……因为这类话让已经成功的我们 认为这一切都是应得的， 言外之意是， 那些没成功者都是咎由自取。
3. When i first went to Hollywood, they said -- i used to talk about subtext, and my agent came to me, "Would you kindly not talk about subtext?"
译文:在我刚到好莱坞时，人们和我说—— 我当时和人们谈论“言外之意”，于是我的代理人对我说， “请不要再谈论‘言外之意’了。””。
4. i've never had the intention to go against the Ching Empire!
5. i can read between the lines. You got it.
6. And it's important to note that they're to scale, so if you stand 20 feet back and you can read between those two black lines, you have 20/20 vision.
译文:值得注意的是 它们和视力表一样是成比例的 也就是说 如果你站在20尺外 能领会到这两行黑字的言外之意 说明你视力正常。
7. i'm the sole offender here, sir.
8. Never so much as to be offensive.
9. You gotta read between the lines.
10. His answer was conclusive. There are no lines.
11. it tastes like it's made of actual ground-up shoemaker.
12. Now what are the implications of that?
13. He doesn't mean to do you any harm.
14. you mean, like you get a free spaghetti and meatballs if you bring another cheap gomer douche-bag in here?
译文:言外之意 顾客可免费享用 意大利细面条和肉丸子 是否还要带个冲洗袋。
15. Oh, what the Bible means to say!